Today, I honestly wasn’t able to witness any of the exciting progress. I was home briefly at lunch and heard the work but by the time I get home tonight it will be too dark to see anything . I know that things are happening !
A couple of random thoughts on kitchen renovation survival , from my day 9 perspective:
* I have a new appreciation for paper plates, bowls and cups. I’ll be stocking up on more of this stuff this weekend! We prefer the “green” choice of washing dishes rather than disposing them, but I don’t enjoy the dish washing setup right now. Speaking of that…
* When I tell people I’m washing dishes in the bathroom, they look appalled. However, it’s not like I’m putting everything in a giant bubble bath. There are dish pans and drying racks and plenty of hot water. It’s just not a really handy process.
* I’m feeling like the house is going to be more solid through this whole renovation–in many ways.
* The Heck crew is doing an awesome job of keeping our house as clean as possible during this process. Sure, there is a little dust, but it’s so much better than I expected! And…
* Everyone that we have worked with has been friendly and professional. They communicate well with us even when I ask questions that seem a little dumb (like what is a soffit?)!
Yesterday my little blog got a big shout out from the Heck Construction organization through a link shared on their website and Facebook post. Today, I thought I’d return the favor with an official hyperlink here. Check them out!